NEW DEHLI: Union home minister Amit Shah on Saturday said that Naxalism will be wiped out from the country by March 2026, reaffirming the BJP government 's resolve to free India from what he called the grip of " Laal Aatank " (Red Terror).
Speaking at the Bastar Pandum festival in Chhattisgarh ’s Bastar district, Shah said, "In the last three months, 521 Naxals have surrendered. A total of 881 have surrendered in 2024 alone. I assure you that those who surrender will be welcomed into the mainstream, but those who continue to bear arms will be dealt with firmly by the security forces."
He added, "Agle March tak, hum poore desh ko is laal atank se mukt karne ka kaam Bharatiya Janata Party ki sarkar karegi" — by next March, the BJP government will ensure that the entire country is freed from Naxalism.
Shah said Bastar, once seen as a hotspot of insurgency, is no longer a symbol of fear but of hope and development. He recalled the past when political leaders were discouraged from visiting the region. “Leaders used to be stopped from giving speeches here. The chief minister would say, ‘Don’t go.’ But now, we are celebrating Ram Navami and Ashtami with 50,000 Adivasi brothers and sisters,” he said.
Sharing the stage with Shah were Chhattisgarh chief minister Vishnu Deo Sai, Deputy CM Vijay Sharma, cabinet ministers Kedar Kashyap and Ramvichar Netam, and BJP state president Kiran Singh Dev.
During the event, Shah honoured tribal artists for their contributions to preserving local culture and traditions.
Earlier in the day, Shah offered prayers at the Maa Danteshwari Temple in Dantewada, a revered site in the region.
Meanwhile, in Chhattisgarh’s Balrampur district, former Naxals and victims of Naxal violence are being offered housing under a special initiative of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) — a first for many in the region.
District Panchayat CEO Nayantara Singh Tomar said, “A list of 77 individuals affected by Naxal violence or who have surrendered was received. Of these, 30 were found eligible, and 23 have already been approved for housing. The remaining seven will be cleared after resolving technical issues.”
Speaking at the Bastar Pandum festival in Chhattisgarh ’s Bastar district, Shah said, "In the last three months, 521 Naxals have surrendered. A total of 881 have surrendered in 2024 alone. I assure you that those who surrender will be welcomed into the mainstream, but those who continue to bear arms will be dealt with firmly by the security forces."
He added, "Agle March tak, hum poore desh ko is laal atank se mukt karne ka kaam Bharatiya Janata Party ki sarkar karegi" — by next March, the BJP government will ensure that the entire country is freed from Naxalism.
Shah said Bastar, once seen as a hotspot of insurgency, is no longer a symbol of fear but of hope and development. He recalled the past when political leaders were discouraged from visiting the region. “Leaders used to be stopped from giving speeches here. The chief minister would say, ‘Don’t go.’ But now, we are celebrating Ram Navami and Ashtami with 50,000 Adivasi brothers and sisters,” he said.
Sharing the stage with Shah were Chhattisgarh chief minister Vishnu Deo Sai, Deputy CM Vijay Sharma, cabinet ministers Kedar Kashyap and Ramvichar Netam, and BJP state president Kiran Singh Dev.
During the event, Shah honoured tribal artists for their contributions to preserving local culture and traditions.
Earlier in the day, Shah offered prayers at the Maa Danteshwari Temple in Dantewada, a revered site in the region.
Meanwhile, in Chhattisgarh’s Balrampur district, former Naxals and victims of Naxal violence are being offered housing under a special initiative of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) — a first for many in the region.
District Panchayat CEO Nayantara Singh Tomar said, “A list of 77 individuals affected by Naxal violence or who have surrendered was received. Of these, 30 were found eligible, and 23 have already been approved for housing. The remaining seven will be cleared after resolving technical issues.”
You may also like
Kerala CM, Congress leader slam "RSS mouthpiece" over article on Church land ownership
Maharashtra Minister Manikrao Kokate Faces Backlash For Claiming Farmers Misuse Agricultural Scheme Funds On Weddings
"SAD creates ruckus": Harpal Singh Cheema on scaling down of security of Majithia
Huge £7.3m Saturday lottery jackpot won by lucky single ticket holder
VIDEO: 'Govt, Raj Thackeray On Same Page For Respect Of Marathi Language In Maharashtra,' Says Minister Uday Samant